|Lucy doesn't think much of |
the Missouri Farm Bureau and
MO Lawmakers who want to repeal
the Puppy Mill Cruelty Prevention Act
- It is legal to keep a breeding dog in a wire cage six inches longer than her body.
- It is legal keep that breeding dog confined in that cage for her entire life .
- It is legal to allow that breeding dog to be outside during the extremes of winter.
- It is legal to allow animals in cages stacked above to defecate on the animals below .
- It is legal to never call on a veterinarian to examine an animal.
- It is legal to abandon or kill dogs once they are no longer wanted.
The majority of Missouri voters disagree and approved Proposition B on November 2. The measure, which calls for dog breeders to provide more humane conditions for dogs, passed on Tuesday by 61,000 votes, or a 51.6 percent margin. Now some Republican lawmakers are trying to undo the will of the people.
Obviously, some Missouri lawmakers care neither about dogs nor democracy.