Rosie celebrated her 2nd birthday over the weekend and it just wouldn't be a party without birthday cake!
Rosie, Jeffie and Rudy love peanut butter and even though Jeffie hates carrots, since it's not his birthday... too bad! This quick and easy doggie carrot cake is very tasty!
|We used a heart shaped cake pan for Rosie's doggie carrot cake.|
Rosie's Birthday Carrot Cake for Dogs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat (or white) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greased a 6 cup cake pan.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey. Stir in the carrots and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda by folding into the mixture.
- Bake in a greased cake pan or small bundt pan for 40 minutes
- After cooling, frost with your choice of icing.
eyeballed" this and used about 1/3 cup cream cheese, whipped with enough yogurt to make it spreadable.
Another barking good tasty dog treat recipe. Bone appetite!
Now, wipe that drool off your face and fetch Rosie's Birthday Giveaway!
We're joining the Tasty Tuesday blog hop today. This is a blog hop that celebrates good food, sponsored by Sugar the Golden Retriever and Kols Notes.
What a fabulous cake!!! Any leftovers?!!! Happy belated birthday!!!ReplyDelete
Yummy! Honestly that looks like something the humans would enjoy too.ReplyDelete
Oh dog. Now I want carrot cake. Dang it.ReplyDelete
Such a fantastic looking cake. I bet you all enjoyed it! - Petnet(io)ReplyDelete
That looks yummy. I think I am going to make something similar for Freighter's birthday next week.ReplyDelete
Wow...that looks great!!ReplyDelete
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo