Thank you so much to Nanny McFur for bestowing me with a Versatile Blogger Award!
Before I pass along this award to some other bloggers, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Okay, here goes.
- We eat healthy: no processed foods. We garden organically and cook from scratch.
- We live in a sort of working museum (translation: I collect antiques) some of my favorite vintage finds are canine or equine themed, including a nice collection of dog and horse bookends.
- I am a voracious reader. When I was in 3rd grade I challenged myself to read every single book in my elementary school library. I did. Alphabetically.
- I grew up in the suburbs of a major city, but found my heart belongs in the country. We now live on a farm in the Missouri Ozarks.
- I'm fascinated by history and years ago began genealogy research. As a result I traveled to Russia, located a cousin who'd been exiled to Siberia and was able to visit he and his family. I also found out that my husband and I are 6th cousins thanks to a marriage in 1796 Virginia!
- Gary and I have restored several historic homes including a 1905 shirtwaist, a 1920's farmhouse, and a 1750 Virginia plantation manor house. We currently live in a house that we built ourselves, though we just might have one more restoration in our future.
- Though this began as Tucker's blog, and I talk more about Jeffie and puppy, Rudy... Lucy is my heart dog.
Now, on to more important business - the new winners of the Versatile Blogger Award. I've chosen 7 winners. Rather than selecting my favorite blogs, I decided to pass on my award to blogs that are somewhat new to me. So, in no particular order, please join me in congratulating:
I invite these bloggers to have some fun exploring the blogosphere to bestow their award on new winners. Please let me know when you pass it along, so I'll get to hear who your choices are, while knowing that you've had a chance to enjoy your time as a winner.