Thank you so much to Nanny McFur for bestowing me with a Versatile Blogger Award!
Before I pass along this award to some other bloggers, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Okay, here goes.
- We eat healthy: no processed foods. We garden organically and cook from scratch.
- We live in a sort of working museum (translation: I collect antiques) some of my favorite vintage finds are canine or equine themed, including a nice collection of dog and horse bookends.
- I am a voracious reader. When I was in 3rd grade I challenged myself to read every single book in my elementary school library. I did. Alphabetically.
- I grew up in the suburbs of a major city, but found my heart belongs in the country. We now live on a farm in the Missouri Ozarks.
- I'm fascinated by history and years ago began genealogy research. As a result I traveled to Russia, located a cousin who'd been exiled to Siberia and was able to visit he and his family. I also found out that my husband and I are 6th cousins thanks to a marriage in 1796 Virginia!
- Gary and I have restored several historic homes including a 1905 shirtwaist, a 1920's farmhouse, and a 1750 Virginia plantation manor house. We currently live in a house that we built ourselves, though we just might have one more restoration in our future.
- Though this began as Tucker's blog, and I talk more about Jeffie and puppy, Rudy... Lucy is my heart dog.
Now, on to more important business - the new winners of the Versatile Blogger Award. I've chosen 7 winners. Rather than selecting my favorite blogs, I decided to pass on my award to blogs that are somewhat new to me. So, in no particular order, please join me in congratulating:
I invite these bloggers to have some fun exploring the blogosphere to bestow their award on new winners. Please let me know when you pass it along, so I'll get to hear who your choices are, while knowing that you've had a chance to enjoy your time as a winner.
I just have a second to let you know I got your message - thank you very much, you are very kind to pass it to us. Congratulations on winning it too - I love your blog - so informative. Wish I had more time but will be bak when I am home.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! I'm not someone who usually gets awards of any kind, so this was an unexpected pleasure -- you're very kind! I will give some thought to my resonses and the next recipients, but will be completely off the grid for the weekend. Thank you again!ReplyDelete
Congrats on winning this award, you totally deserve it!!
Thanks so much for passing on to me as well, I'm honoured :)
It was great to read about what you like to get up to, Mum's been to Russia a number of times too and she says it's an amazing country - I've yet to go.....
Very impressed you eat so healthy, Mum tries really hard, but alas, hasn't managed to make everything from scratch yet, maybe one day! :)
Hope you're having a fun day,
Your pal Snoopy :)
Congrats on your award - I enjoyed learning more about you!ReplyDelete
Thanks again for the award! Here is the post I wrote in response... http://wp.me/p13JXJ-gdReplyDelete
I've been very bad about commenting on blog posts in a timely manner, clearly. :(ReplyDelete
Congrats on the award and thanks for sharing all the cool stuff. You sound like someone I might have read about in This Old House. :) Seriously, I don't have time to tell you how wrapped up I am in antiques, American history and genealogy (by proxy, thanks to my dad's fervent interest). I'm in a new "old house" on the banks of the James River (not riverfront though) just a crow's fly from historic Rt. 5 in Virginia. I can't afford to be a collector, but my father is. He's also traced us back to two passengers on the Mayflower and one settler from Jamestown. :) No ancestors known any farther east than Germany, though (and I've never been to Europe).
Also, I didn't read all the books in it, but when I was near third grade age, I alphabetized and made "library" cards for all the books in my "playroom" and required my three siblings to "check them out" and pay late fees. The proceeds were then used to buy "junk" for the club meetings I forced them to attend. You would've gone broke at my house. :)
To everyone - Thank you!!ReplyDelete
Team Beaglebratz - You're very welcome! I love your blog! (and those darling Beagles, too)
Shaggy Dog Stories - Well, in my opinion it's about time you received some awards for your terrific blogging! I loved learning more about you, too!
Snoopy - I was so interested that your mom has been to Russia! Though I don't suggest you go... it's a verrrry long airplane ride!
Pup Fan - Thanks!
Elizabeth - I want to meet you in real life! I mean, from reading your blog, I already did. But now... you and I would have a whole lot to talk about! And I'm so glad I didn't know you in grade school... I'd have been in the poorhouse trying to pay "library" late fees! LOL