Paper Cities Kennel Club is located in Wausau Wisconsin, with members living in several surrounding counties. They're a group of dog enthusiasts that operates as a not for profit organization. They are licensed by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Many of their members are active in Rescue organizations, Therapy Dog work, National/Regional Breed Clubs, puppy and adult canine obedience educators, competition sports and training, along with other dog related organizations.
For many years, Paper Cities Kennel Club has held a strong tie to their communities through involvement in many charitable endeavors, including, but not limited to:
Weekly ads - to benefit local Humane Society through pet adoption advertisements
* Canine Ambassadors – visit schools to educate children on proper dog etiquette
* Bite Prevention/Rabies Education – in conjunction with local Health Department
* Girl Scout Presentations – educating pre-teens/teens on a variety of dog activities
* Mall Demonstrations – promoting responsible pet ownership and ethical resources
* Rally, Obedience & Conformation Classes – offering education and training in competition sports
* Public Seminars – animal behavior, training, conformation, and animal health issues
* Annual AKC All Breed Dog Show
* Annual AKC Sanctioned Dog Match
* Jaycee Bike Rodeo – educating children about bite prevention & how to stay safe around dogs
To date, they’ve been able to sponsor these events, in part, through profits from our annual Paper Cities All Breed Dog Show which attracts 600-1,000 exhibitors from all over the country and more than 2,000 local spectators.. This year's event will be July 18-19 and marks their 61st and 62nd Anniversary!
Don't miss the raffle! This year a portion of the proceeds from raffle baskets - with all kinds of goodies for you and your dog - will be donated to Best Friends/Dogtown . The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary/Dogtown at Angel Canyon, in southern Utah, is home on any given day to about 2,000 dogs, cats, and other animals, which come from shelters and rescue groups around the country for special care they can only receive at Best Friends.
Visit Paper Cities Kennel Club web site for more information.